The Top 10 Reasons For You To Experience Zanzibar This Summer
Zanzibar is one of the top tourist destinations in the world. It is an archipelago and consists of many pristine islands. The main island which is locally known as Unguja is commonly referred to as Zanzibar. The top reasons for you to visit Zanzibar this summer are:
- Zanzibar is blessed by nature and it has some of the best white sand beaches in the world. You can find the famous beaches in the north of the island as well as in the south east of the island. It is an ideal holiday destination for family, honeymooners and backpackers.
- The cultural influences of the country can be seen here. The island has been a trade route for ages and hence the influence of India, Africa and Europe can be seen. Slave trade happened here and its remnants can be seen in Prison Island.
- Stone Town is an UNESCO world heritage site and it contains buildings from the 18th and 19th The architecture and the carvings on doors can be enjoyed by taking a walk through the lanes of the town.
- Zanzibar is also known commonly as ‘The Spice Island’. This is due to the fact that it was and is a major port for spices that were being exported from India. Apart from this there are many spice farms in the island where spices like cinnamon, turmeric, cumin etc are grown and harvested. Most tourists opt for a spice tour and learn how the spices are grown and also buy the spices to take back with them. The icing on the cake in these tours is the lunch that is provided which is made using the spices.
- If you like to shop then Zanzibar has the best shopping places for you. The local markets have the best trinkets and other memorabilia plus the lanes in Stone Town has many shops from where you can get great goods.
- If you happen to be a snorkeler or if you are just a newbie who wants to try snorkelling, then you should visit Zanzibar because it has some of the best snorkelling spots in the world. There are many places from where you can get the equipment required and the hotels can arrange snorkelling tours for you.
- If you like to dive then again some of the best diving spots in the world are here. You can rent equipment and hire diving coaches in the diving schools that abound in the island.
- The renowned Rock restaurant is another reason to experience Zanzibar. A restaurant sitting on a rock in the middle of the Indian Ocean is something that you should experience. You can walk to the restaurant when the tide is low but when the tide is high you need a boat to reach the restaurant.
- Zanzibar food is delicious and you should experience it. When in Zanzibar try the Zanzibari pizza, you will really love it.
- If you are a kite surfing enthusiast you should visit Zanzibar because the beaches around Paje are the best places in the world to take part in the sport.
Articolo a cura di: Agenzia Web Milano